Beam Suntory - Communications Intern (2021 Summer Internship)
Communications Intern – 2021 Summer Intern
· Location: Kentucky - Remote with weekly visits to manufacturing sites (Frankfort & Clermont KY)
· Reports to: Supply Chain Communications Manager
· Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
· Must be able to start June 2020 – internship goes through August 14, 2020 (determined by academic calendar)
Beam Suntory Communications Overview
During the internship program, the intern will learn about Communication objectives through the Supply Chain and Human Resources lens. The intern role will work with leadership teams in Supply Chain manufacturing, Human Resources, Corporate Communications and supporting functional Supply Chain roles. This role will also help to coordinate communication efforts for the James B. Beam Institute of Kentucky Spirits.
Periodically, they will have the opportunity to improve communication channels and processes based on understanding ways of working and current practice. The internship will culminate with a final presentation to management describing what the intern learned and the value they provided to the company.
These are the essential functions of the position but not limited to these activities:
- Help identify and create a high-level communication plan for the James B. Beam Institute within the Beam Suntory, supporting needs and requirements of the Beam Institute, Supply Chain and Human Resources.
- Support Supply Chain Communications Manager by developing and executing Supply Chain announcements, news updates, and Town Halls.
- Assist with regular audit and maintenance of communication channels within the manufacturing sites in partnership with plant HR Managers and Supply Chain Communication Manager.
- Learn and support organizational communication best-practices and techniques.
- Learn and support Human Resource communications – including organization announcements, benefit updates, and health and safety reminders.
- Attend and contribute to regular meetings with Corporate Communications and Kentucky Human Resources team.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
· Currently enrolled, ideal candidate is a Junior or Senior, scheduled to graduate within the next 2 years.
· Pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Human Resources or other relevant major and have a minimum 3.0 GPA
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Highly motivated with a desire to learn
· Highly organized
· Must be 21 years of age
· Authorized to work in the US, Beam Suntory will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
OUR PROGRAM PROVIDES INTERNS WITH:
· Paid internship, casual dress, remote working flexibility
· Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with our experienced communications and human resources team
· Hands-on application of internal communications within the spirits industry and manufacturing environment
· Real-time feedback
· A team of resources to assist with training and career development
· Opportunity to interact with the executive leadership team
· Attend meetings and gain experience of mid-level and top-level management processes
· We recognize and reward hard work by giving our interns a chance to build their careers at Beam Suntory
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local law.