Summer Programs and Equine Education Intern
Our summer interns will be working closely with ONE of our two summer programs, IRIDE and Horseability. IRIDE is an 9-week Equine-Assisted Learning Program for middle and high school-aged youth focused on building leadership and life skills in youth struggling with social, physical, intellectual, and mental aspects of development. Horseability is a
specialized program that provides children with special needs the opportunity to engage in a typical camp experience. The program focuses on enriched learning experiences with horses under the supervision of staff who are trained in teaching children with disabilities. Interns will be expected to assist with the summer program they are assigned to based on their areas of interest and expertise.
· Leading and side-walking during lessons (skill-dependent)
· Barn help
· Implementing summer program curriculum
· Lesson plans and execution
· Shadowing program management
· Activity and craft planning
An ideal candidate will:
· Have an interest and some experience with the populations we serve in our summer programs.
· Be self-starters and self-motivated. Interns will be supervised, but they must be able to take on responsibility.
· Come to work with a positive attitude each day.