Migrant Education Program - Summer Academic and Student Enrichment Internship
Internship hours can be customized to student needs.
Former Interns' Opinion of their Experience
· Take a moment to hear from former interns about their intern experience with our program.
Areas of focus will be the following:
· Academic Development and Tutoring
· Camp Counselling (KEYS Academy – Overnight residential college and career camp)
· Health, Wellness & Fitness
· Foreign Language Enrichment
· Public Relations
· Other Areas can be considered; please contact staff.
Migrant Education Program Summer Interns provide service in various settings including school, home, community agencies and at universities and colleges. Interns must attend program specific training and be knowledgeable of the Kentucky public education system.
Internship requirements vary but overall selected interns will have duties as follows:
· Academic support
· Student supervision
· Program preparation and service delivery
· Provide tutoring within the migrant families’ homes
· Attend group outings
· Facilitates programs/workshops/classes
· Assists in tutoring and student evaluation
· Administrative Coordinator Internship Opportunity
Due to COVID, the above activities and dates are subject to change however the SKY MEP has a plan of action for a virtual internship experience. We will meet the academic requirements for our interns.